Friday, February 3, 2012

Disaster Averted


Could you resist the temptation if this were placed in front of you?  It's not easy.

This has been a tough week to be on a health kick.  We've been conducting our annual DR (disaster recovery) test at work this week, where we test our systems and processes for keeping the business running in case of a disaster.  Traditionally during this week, the boss provides lunch for everybody involved in the work.  The same was true this year - I've been challenged with Jimmy John's, pizza, Famous Dave's, Chipotle, and this delicious-looking cake above.  It's a nice perk to have this kind of stuff offered, but disastrous for somebody who's trying to change his eating habits.  It's not easy to sit there munching on grapes when the tempting aroma of Chipotle hangs in the air.

Hopefully tomorrow morning will justify the effort.  I've decided that Saturday mornings, before breakfast, will be my official weigh-in days.  Tomorrow will be the first weigh-in since I started this.  I'm hoping to see some sort of result.  Pulling the belt in an extra notch yesterday was a good sign!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! Nope, I wouldn't be able to resist half that stuff. Though, I consider Jimmy Johns somewhat healthy, so I'm not a good one to ask!  

    ReplyDelete